Self drilling countersunk wing tek screws are ideal for fixing timber to steel without the need to pre-drill. These screws have a hardened steel self drilling point (tek point) which cuts through mild steel without the need for pre-drilling (see product attributes for material thickness constraints). The two protruding wings create clearance through the timber and break off during entry into the steel. The aggressive self embedding head means this screw can be quickly applied without the need to pre-drill or countersink, saving loads of time during application.
• Aggressive self-embedding head
• Wings to aid in countersinking and reduce the chance of screw snapping
• No pre-drilling (please see material thickness for drilling capacities)
• Timber to steel applications
• Fence pickets to steel frame
• Applications that need a screw that pre-drills and countersinks itself (fast, repetitive applications)
• Application seeking a discrete finish (self-embedding head)